Thursday, July 3, 2014

Joule

maybe we dream in the 4th dimension
I know too many who cannot dream
fireworks to celebrate soldiers
who can't stop hearing them
look at the birds scatter like shrapnel
I don't know what it is we are celebrating
it is not peace
I never thought you could be so pink
so yellow
I shouldn't have told him you'd be there
boys aren't as resilient as we need them to be
dress them in uniforms and put them out
on his right is disappointment
his left is surrender
I have not given him enough armor
I'll never know which is sadder
circumstance or his acceptance
there is no equation for sadness
in the 4th, on the 4th
silence would have erupted
a quantum plunge into possible
when we grow stronger than our weapons
when we don't need anyone to protect us
that's when we will meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment