Friday, August 1, 2014

my love, you've undone me

my love, you've undone me
a waste of space for any other
now
and how
I was a dusty old tune,
always thinking I was only three chords
alongside a rusty poem
the trick of any good cover, you've made me
laid me open
blowing across my rim for the hum rumble
of the contents below
I am not content below
you've undone me for any other
the lines you've added,
like the sheet marks on my skin-
I woke up, ran out to get them tattooed in-
to stitch myself between sleep
and your arms leaving me for the day
I am not the same
song
always thinking I was little more
than a whistle stop for heart-ache
my boats road yours
now they're tapping happy
now I am done for
cannot be content with
less than our voices sighing each other's name
like it is the only tune we know
the only song we need



No comments:

Post a Comment