Monday, September 29, 2014

Two Weddings

Two weddings this week
neither is mine
would I know how to feel?
beloved, just there
flowers haloing
the only souls who've known us
haloing
would I know how to stand
how to smile like day break


two weddings this week
neither is ours
she asks-
do butterflies have people in their bellies?
They must
where else do all the timid folk fit?




no one will know who I was when I let go
if asked whether and where have I lived
I will answer, affirmative-
fields of purple-gold iridescence
an echo of her hand in mine
waving white flags from garrisons
smiling and marching like heartache
glad to have had the space to say


here is my right now
& all I have to offer
I can't say what it will become
once it is yours,
but here is my right now
& all I have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment