Saturday, July 3, 2021

She

She was a soul-renewing
gift from the universe
straight to my
earthbound experience

She was a newly hatched maggot
writhing under my skin
devouring life as she met it
in my most delicate places

She was unimaginable 
pen-to-poet contours deformed shadows
      Of a touch
      Of a whisper

She hurried in like hunger
and stayed like an unbreakable fast
regardless of how I feel, I was never 
      sated.

She snuck in like mist
and lingered like a rolling monsoon
regardless of the dreams I wanted to bloom-
I flooded

She was better from a distance
She was the put of napping kitten
and the mystery of the sound
Slick red nails sliding on slate
and the desperate need for it to end

She was gone before I was ready
and echoed the sound of mostly
never knowing her
at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment