Monday, May 19, 2014

elle était si...

she was a soul-renewing gift from the universe
straight to my earth-bound existence.
she was a newly-hatched maggot
writhing beneath my skin
in only the most delicate places,
devouring & souring within 

she was unexplainable. 
pen to paper conjures only shadows
only shade of the space she made
she came in like hunger & stayed
regardless of the food I am fed, 
she will not fade
she came in like mist & I blame her rain
regardless of the flood I gain
she will not wane
she was better from a distance.
she was the sound of a pussy's purr
the mystery behind it;
of slick red nails screaming into slate
& the desperate need for it to end.
she was gone before I was ready
she left an empty echo which whispers mostly
that I never knew her at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment