Friday, May 23, 2014

Glamour

let me age like sophia loren
like audrey hepburn
like a slow burn
let me go down gracefully
remembered for the black and white
upheld in technicolor
better for who I am than who I've been
I was always the supporting role for you
acting opposite the star
I'm alright with that,
we seldom
star in our own lives
I won't mind, picking up your lines
as you drop them on another
let me age like rita hayworth
as gilda, cooing and wooing with mame
not like her actual fade:
pickled in an alzheimer's haze
let me age like katherine hepburn
when she brought up baby
not like the downhill fold she lived,
a megalith's grit strummed to vibrate
no, let me age like sophia loren
like audrey hepburn
it's been hard to learn
but all I want
is a slow burn

No comments:

Post a Comment