Monday, May 12, 2014

Written in the International Year of Cooperatives

listen to sound of the distant drum,
this is truth you can't turn from
we are gaining our momentum
the universe hum of our rising anthem
you ask what I need
& it's a weak plea- just don't fall for me
when we met, I confess, I wasn't ready
but my boat has never sailed steady
even at my best
I am still a fish on land
grasping at handholds to stand
You demand I feel these words before they're said
to know we are exactly where passions have led
I disagree, invariably: bliss is vicious
she guides our listless bodies to borrowed riches
there is a way to create a someday we can take
to make a bait for fate and slake her wake
I don't want you to smother
our flickering flames to the ground
how can we lean on each other
if we're both laying down?
my bottom lip is being bitten
it's so obvious that I'm smitten
heaven only knows where this goes
don't feel insecure, demure or baited
the why is a lie that we are
secure, pure or endurably sated.
this is the epitome of very right now
if you're wary, I'll show you how
I'll vow, we are only as holy
as this lonely moment will allow

No comments:

Post a Comment