Tuesday, March 18, 2014

...


at 12 it was my LIFE
gawking at teen bodies,
just beginning to explore my own
sexy things in books
became a hotness of grown-ups
became a feeling
I didn’t know how to feel
indeed, became the feeling I felt
I should not feel

           the crux of adolescence
           to have every smile- a grin
           every tear- a river
                      but when I wrote, it was to a world removed
                      just my lazy pen
                      hoping and humming for harmony
                      as my heart calls out the beat
                            in words no one would ever read
                            in words I couldn't help but write
Now I’ve learned to feel things difficult
and be as grown-ups are
walking upright and single-file
through a maze of clichés and barbed-wired people
but the child in me still searches for meaning
                          in words no one will ever read
                          in words I can't stop but writing

No comments:

Post a Comment