Thursday, March 13, 2014

To My Gaybours.

I wasn't joking
when I offered
to give you a life
to cradle it for you
for nine turns of our moon
& all too soon hand it over to you.

I wasn't joking
but you looked at me like-
how could I be serious?
take this miracle so lightly? 
probably only to yank it back
once reality set in
I know one thing-
life is reality.
& after
& before
we haven't yet
remembered how to experience.

I know one breath
created by ash and science
is more precious
than a thousand bullets fighting a war
that no one ever remembers escalating
I believe there are things worth living for
there are many
who deserve to create life in their bellies
but can't.
& people who can't fill the holes in their bodies
no matter how hard they try,
yet they make life by accident.

So yes- I think you'd both be great fathers.
I see it in the way you look at him
that you've created love between you.
& where love lives, life grows.
We can start a revolution through union

you know,
my son is still young
but I hope someday
he will become
the kind of men that you are.
the world is better now that he is here.
and we all need
the kind of child
you two will grow

No comments:

Post a Comment