Friday, April 11, 2014

11/30 Rebirth

Tenzin Zopa sat near a hilly path
and wept
his rucksack laid beside him patiently
knowing he would pick it up again
for now his shoulders buckled
under the enormous weight
of finding his mentor, brother, friend
Tenzin feared the worst
that he would choose the wrong child
or not recognize his beloved at all
tears fell unashamed from the truth
it would be his burden to bear
if his friend was never found

maybe you don't believe in reincarnation
but tell me- what isn't possible
for a soul?
(hollywood witches may not be real,
but they can certainly fly)
from my side of this lake,
the world looks like a country of evening stars
I see both stellar explosions and myself in your eyes
we've driven here to escape the city fog
to breathe uncorrupted
to catch the ancient twinkle of distant homes
as the breeze greets me 
with a wave's rush,
I think of Tenzin and feel
we are all looking 
for our old friends
in their new faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment