Monday, April 28, 2014

Constitution

it's true
some days I loved you more
than others
they were not created equally
if there were a constitution of days
it would read- We The People
Value Some More Than Others.
some days I thanked the moon for your eyelids
I thanked the ocean for the twinkle below 
the first time I met your spark
I asked who she was;
what skill this invisible beauty had
to pluck you from the heavens
and float with you at her side
some days girls can get away
with clichés

in dawdle near the end,
I couldn't stand you.
I held the stories my ego spread
my own grandiosity
cloaked as Esther's wrath
some days I saw through you
others I couldn't see anything else

we both knew this day would break
if there were a constitution for days
it would read We The People
Are Sorry
This Isn't Fair. 
today
is not equal to yesterday or tomorrow
somehow each sunset and sunrise
walks in single file across my timeline
my hand will never again hold yours
& I will carry that weight
in gratitude
blessed by the supple moments
you had a hand
in composing


No comments:

Post a Comment