Friday, April 18, 2014

18/30 Of Sisters

Mine sow hope
and trouble evenly
Adolescent me believed
growing up was like-
being the loneliest star
was like- a bad trip
followed by a worse come down
and no one knowing
you were ever there
All this is a simple thing
returning to sisters
watching their mistakes
hearing them say
they're not mistakes,
only what you wouldn't do
I had to learn I wasn't alone
that sometimes I had to fight
to be heard
to learn I can't walk away or move away
from them
Umbilicaly tied
to my best and worst friends
and growing up is hurting
obviously
it's standing, pockets out
repeating I'm sorry, I didn't know
crying you're wrong
laughing I still love you
It's- we look so much alike
and my inability to see it
a not small portion of my genes and memories
time-capsuled in people
I don't really understand
It's nodding
blood is both thicker
and thinner
than water

No comments:

Post a Comment