Tuesday, April 15, 2014

No One Really Knows

I've never been one to read the last page first
though I have this question
which will remain unsolved until I let go of this life
and possibly even after.
I want to know the feeling of the entire cosmos
I want to peek at what is beyond this universe
I have tried imagining this,
though I know it is impossible
with my paltry mind
I feel intimately the pangs of more that I cannot grasp
I am filled with a lost and lonely hunger
I do not have an answer for the question of God
and someone told me that it is love
look at all the newborn things that are fresh from God
they are overflowing with something
that love is close to describing
I do not know love like that

My religious friends urge me to just have faith, like pushers
In my heart, I am a romantic scientist
fallen for the curious idea though still desperate for proof
This may prove to be a fatal flaw
as the only thing any of us know about God
is that no one really knows
it's obvious to me, there's only one way to find out
My friends with faith believe so fiercely, they claim
that certainty in belief feels just as real
I do not know faith like that
Some say you must live to know why you're alive
I am not convinced
I know I won't know certainty until I die
if there is even such a thing
if I am anything more than a worm meal
yet
when I pray,
it is for the patience to wait for the answer
while never to stop asking the question.


No comments:

Post a Comment