Thursday, April 24, 2014

Bullshit Windstorm

I don't want you to agree with me
I want you to agree with yourself
fiercely (in fact) so that when I say something that offends
and I will
you will know exactly why
be able to touch the trigger raw
and we will have something to talk about
Hate is only fear when it spins around kid-dizzy


we should fear silence
when something needs to be said
but no one should be afraid to be right
too often misunderstanding
sits bottled and ferments
into violence
overnight


I want to find out where we disagree
and touch our edges firmly
I want to lay with them, like foreign friends
but nothing gets at me
the way a good hot & heavy debate hits.


If we don't talk with some discord sometimes-
and I mean sometimes, like:
            sometimes
               it is dry
           in the desert.
If we don't disagree sometimes
then where we connect cannot feel like:
           a slow rain
          to a scorched
             tongue.
It'll feel and smell more like a bullshit windstorm
like small talk between strangers
I don't know about you, but I say fuck small talk
only strangers talk about the weather
the rest of us
feel it
together.

No comments:

Post a Comment